PURPOSE AND FUNDING PRIORITIES
bi3 funds forward-looking health and health care solutions that have the ability to jump-start and scale new approaches to improve community health. Our priorities build upon past successes by focusing on four key funding areas:
- Maternal and infant health
- Behavioral health
- Palliative and hospice care
- Health innovations that are enabled by new technologies or accelerate the integration of care
bi3 is particularly interested in supporting efforts that achieve health equity through addressing the social determinants of health and health disparities for underserved populations.
bi3 retains flexibility in its funding approach to best respond to new opportunities and changes in the community.
- Foster and fund new collaborations. We invest in projects that align with community health initiatives and break down silos between clinical care and social service delivery to improve the health of vulnerable populations.
- Take informed Risks. We invest in new ideas with the potential to lead to break-through change. We encourage others to tackle community health issues and think about what is possible.
- Address social determinants of health and health equity. We seek ideas that address underlying factors affecting health and wellness, such as housing, food insecurity and domestic violence.
- Share our lessons learned. We share our knowledge, developing best practices from our work, while sparking conversation and action in other sectors and communities.