bi3 is Bethesda Inc.’s philanthropic initiative to the transform health and well-being of all people in Greater Cincinnati. Our purpose is to lead the way to a day when every person has a fair and just opportunity to be as healthy as possible; when a person’s health can no longer be predicted by race, ethnicity, ability or zip code. We invest in new ideas and approaches with the potential to spark and scale health innovation and share what we learn with our private and public partners.
We partner with other thought leaders, funders, advocates, grantees and those with lived experience, align our advocacy to their leadership, educate internal stakeholders, educate policymakers and advocate for policy change. We follow our partners’ leadership and assist as time and resources allow.
We advocate with our elected and appointed officials to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities. Our advocacy efforts will prioritize:
- Expanding access, screening, coverage, enrollment and funding for maternal and young child health and maternal behavioral health services
- Improving birth equity (reduce racial disparities in maternal mortality/morbidity, birth outcomes, infant mortality) and addressing social determinants of health
- Expanding effective home visiting services including nurses, community health workers, community navigators
- Expanding access to community-based doula care
- Increasing funding and support for mental health services with an emphasis on children and youth