Black Maternal Health Week (BMHW) is a week of awareness, activism, and community building aimed at supporting and amplifying the voices of Black mamas.
This year, bi3 is offering organizations the opportunity to apply for funding of up to $5,000 to host events April 11-17, 2024.
Examples of events eligible for funding:
- Birth resource fairs providing resources to support healthy pregnancies
- Panels and interactive sessions centering Black women’s expertise (virtual or in-person)
- Wellness events aimed at increasing Black mamas’ health and well-being
- Black maternal health advocacy training (virtual or in-person)
- Engagement and advocacy with elected officials to educate on the state of Black maternal health
- Black maternal health documentary screenings and discussions
- Block parties/community baby showers
- Events celebrating Black mamas and creating spaces for them to rest, relax and repower
- Social media campaigns aimed at raising awareness and advocating for change
All events must be open and free to the public. Preference will be given to organizations that have demonstrated a focus on Black maternal health equity and experience engaging with Black communities.
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 29, 2024. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application no later than March 8, 2024.